Galaxy Calendar of Events
Purchase Galaxy Merchandise Store is Open
2016 activities will include:
• Westover’s Family Day in late summer. This will be our major volunteer and funding activity which will enable over 3,000 reservists and family members to enjoy a fun-filled day on the ellipse.
• A fundraiser to contribute to funding for the next Great New England Air Show.
• Continuance of our successful speakers’ program at our monthly Meetings.
• Participation in the Chicopee Memorial Day Parade and Veterans’ Day activities.
• We will contribute to the Westover USO, the Airman & Family Readiness Center, the Civil Air Patrol, the Westover Young Marines, Youth Outreach Day and to other Westover military tenants where there is a need.
• We will consider a bus trip to a location of interest by GCC members.
• We also will do what we can to provide input to the Westover Community Outreach Initiative and the Massachusetts Military Asset and Security Strategy Task Force in advocating for and expanding use of Westover Air Reserve Base and its place in Western Massachusetts.
We continue to need your help to support our military men and women and to help remind the Department of Defense of the importance of Westover. Our mission is to support the men and women at Westover, to promote interaction between Westover ARB and its surrounding communities as well as Increase public awareness about what Westover means to us individually and collectively.
None of our activities throughout the year would take place without a lot of work by GCC members who participate. If anyone has any suggestions or wants to become more involved in an activity to better fulfill our mission, an outline of annual GCC activities and a survey asking if and how you can participate will be published prior to our January meeting. If you have any comments or are able to become a more active participant in GCC activities, please complete this survey.
I’m proud to be associated with the Galaxy Community Council and its members. It will continue to be an important part of the Westover Family. With your help, 2016 will be another successful year for the GCC and Westover ARB.
Bud Shuback, President
The mission of the Galaxy Community Council is to:
Galaxy Council Board Member Ed Spellacy continues his short stories (Pan Amusings) from his days as a Pan Am 747 Captain. Check out these very interesting stories from a fellow member.
The Air force Newsletter "Patriot"
Subject: 2016 GCC meeting & events schedule
Meetings of the GCC membership will be held on the third Wednesday of the month. Advance notice of changes will be posted at www.galaxycouncil.com.
Meeting cancellations due to weather will be posted on WGGB 40 & Fox 6.
Unless otherwise notified, all Board of Directors meetings will be held in the Wing HQ conference room beginning at 1600hrs sharp on the same date.
Full Membership meetings are at the Westover Club. Dinner is available between 5:30 and 6:15 PM. The business meeting begins at 6:30 PM sharp.
2016 Meeting Schedule
30 May Memorial Day Parade
6 August Westover Family Day
11 November Veterans Day Activities
Other activities including GCC fundraisers will be announced.
Reminder: Seat belt usage is mandatory on Westover ARB. Violators will lose base access privileges for 30 days.
Military Discounts plus 1st Month Free
“CITIZENS SERVING THE PATRIOT WING”
The Galaxy Community Council is a 501c3 charitable corporation.
It is not part of the Department of Defense or any of its components and has no governmental status.